Once again, I have a few projects on the go. In the meantime, here's a shrug I finished not too long ago. It's from Mission Falls book East Meets West. I didn't use the yarn recommended; I substituted with what I had in my stash, Berroco Peruvia Quick. I also added an extra cable on each side of the back where it meets the arm to suit my girth. I'm very happy with the results.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Monday, April 7, 2014
At least one finally is so I can take a picture of it and post. I'm still working on the written pattern part to post on Ravelry. I'm getting there. Even though I tried to weave loosely, I still feel the work pulled in a bit. The tension in weaving is definitely different from the tension in knitting. I used one long strand back and forth and wove the ends in at the back of the mat. An alternative would be to use individual strands for each "woven row" and leave the ends longer then tie them to each other to create a fringe. My family voted on no fringe, so here it is...