Monday, May 26, 2014

New Tudor Roses and Teaching at Michaels

It's been really busy lately.  I just started last week as a jewelry instructor for Michaels in Oakville.  I gave my first demonstration on Friday night.  I had planned to make a necklace, but I finished it too quickly, so I improvised a coordinating set of earrings.  I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

I will be teaching classes Tuesday nights from 6:30-8:30 in June and July.  I still have to determine more classes beyond that and perhaps come up with some summer classes for kids.  I have launched a Facebook page now (https://www.facebook.com/Francesca.Gougeon.Designs) for Françesca Gougeon Designs to cover both jewelry making and knitting.  Françesca Gougeon Designs on Ravelry is only for my knitting patterns.

Other exciting news, I got the newest Tudor Roses!  I'm so thrilled!  It's a gorgeous book and I love the bits of history in it.  I thought it fitting to photograph me holding it while wearing the Katherine Howard sweater I knit from the first Tudor Roses.

2 comments:

Lupie said...

My daughter (http://bytch-able.blogspot.com) and I made jewelry in the past and enjoyed it. We should get back to it but there is so many things we love to do and so little time.
I must look up this book and the sweater looks amazing!

Fran said...

Thank you, Lupie! I know what you mean, Lupie. I hadn't had the time to do much jewelry making either and had been focused on the knitting until this opportunity came up.