Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Enjoying the Fruits of our Labour

Something we haven't done in at least 2 years is make lavender lemonade and lavender ice cream.  The past couple of years have been really wacky with jobs and we really haven't had much of a "life".  This year, with my husband's job change, we have been able to get back to a more sane lifestyle and made lavender lemonade and lavender ice cream.  I don't really have good pics of the lemonade making, but I do have some for the ice cream making.  Essentially, you want to boil and capture the essence of the lavender leaves (I took the residual flowers and put them in a vase which added a lovely aroma to the dining room table) and then add it to a cream mixture in the case of ice cream or a lemon juice mixture in the case of lemonade; you filter the leaves out of course.  There are so many more recipes on the internet than just a couple of years ago; I encourage you to Google them to find what you like.





No comments: