Sunday, March 15, 2009

She’s back - and wants to thank everyone!

Holy cow! I can’t believe it’s been three weeks since I’ve blogged. Thank you all for your patience. This is the first week-end my husband and I have been at home together in quite a while. I forgot what it was like to spend time as a family. My husband’s trip went well. While he was gone, I got sick and have been sick and sleep deprived for the past two weeks. I finally got some rest (and some knitting done – thank god!) this week-end.

I would like to thank lara griffiths, cornchowder, and Domie’s mom for nominating me on February 24 and 25, 2009 for a Kreativ Blogger Award. I would also like to thank hopieknits for nominating me on Feb. 9, 2009 for a Kreativ Blogger Award. That makes 32 people (8 per nomination) that I would be required to nominate. I would like to thank Mr. Spooky for tagging me on Jan. 28, 2009 and Steffi for tagging me on Oct. 3, 2008. I would have to tag eight people (four people for each). That brings the total number of people I would have to nominate/tag up to 40. I believe that covers most of the list of bloggers in my right side bar. I was so touched by the supportive comments I received on my “Venting” post, and honoured by the three subsequent Kreativ Blogger Award nominations I received on that post, that I was tempted to break my own rule of “I don’t do chains (tag, mail, etc.)” because I didn’t want to insult the wonderful people that nominated me. But to break that rule would have been unfair to Steffi, Mr. Spooky, and hopieknits to whom I had already explained that “I don’t do chains” and who were very kind and understanding about it. Thank you all for reading my blog and being so supportive.

I’m here with “Rocky” (one of my daughter’s rocks) and some fresh guacamole my husband just made from a Julia Child recipe. My daughter said Rocky wanted to watch me work on the computer. My husband arranged the corn chips to (in his words), “…look like the sunflower that you are”. They’re so cute!

I had to show you the beautiful gifts my hubby brought me from his trip. The hotel his course was held at overlooks Harvard and MIT. Naturally, the tote bag became a knitting bag. The silver and purple bead earrings are awesome!

The rat race begins again tomorrow. Two weeks to a very tight deadline on March 30 so we can’t take time off to spend March break with our children. The two weeks following that being a pretty intense time with inspectors on site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see you back in commission. We missed you.

Joanie said...

Happy you're back, and good luck getting through the hectic weeks ahead. You'll make it!

Don't forget to treat yourself to some nice yarn when it's over.

Fran said...

Thank you, hopie. Thank you, Jo. You're both so sweet. :)